Friends of Witham Oaks
Witham Oaks is the 90+acre property that sits between the southwest end of Circle Boulevard and Harrison Boulevard. While currently slated for development, the property remains undeveloped, except for the multiuse path, and has the potential to become a unique natural wild area within the City of Corvallis. Friends of Witham Oaks will continue to pursue options to purchase this property for open space. This property spans a variety of habitats and offers an easily accessible area for recreation and peaceful reflection.
- We are updating our database. If you have moved or changed your mailing address or contact information please e-mail WithamOaks@comcast.net with the current information.
- No request for development permits have been filed with the City as of January 2016
- Witham Oaks was purchased from US Bank by Campus Crest Sept 2015 for $3,000,000. Campus Crest was sold to Harrison Street Real Estate Capital LLC and the following notice about the sale was posted in Oct 2015.
- Citizen appeals to the State of Oregon Land Use Board of Appeals in 2014 and to State Board of Appeals were not successful. The City Councilreaffirmed their approval of the zone changes and the development plan of Campus Crest in 2015 (see attached map).
- Corvallis Planning Commission discussed conditions that the developer would be required to meet to build on Witham Oaks and forwarded them to City Council for their review February 2014.